Technical Real Estate Development Manager Spain
We are TSH:
The Student Hotel is a brand-new accommodation concept: part classic student residence and part funky design hotel for students-at-heart. We believe in providing a fun, creative and inspiring environment where residents of all ages can live, work, play and grow. To achieve this, we rely on an awesomely fun, smart and motivated team to embrace the student spirit and bring it to life :)
In 2023 we aim to have 65 locations secured across Europe, 26,000 rooms and close to one million square meters of shared space. Our new TSHLIFE app and digital platform will connect nearly a million current and former co-living and co-working guests.
And this is the role:
As our Technical Development Manager you are responsible for the development of The Student Hotel (TSH)-designed projects in Spain.
This is not the ordinary job. Looking at our future expansion and the disruptive angle in our concept, this calls for an entrepreneurial way of work. Together with the Commercial developer, our Design team and external contractors you will gear up to build that awesomely fun and cool hotel!
Your involvement commences as soon as the business case is signed off and continues right through to delivery. After the building permit is submitted, your focus is on project management from the pre-construction phase until handover to the TSH operations team. Your main target is delivering a project in the TSH spirit, with optimal quality, on time and within budget.
You report to the Regional Development Director and work closely together with the Head of Technical Development and Commercial Development Manager.
You'll also work with a team of internal and external designers, preferred suppliers and a variety of contractors.
These are your responsibilities:
- You manage the design and construction phases of a project. You lead the team(s) on a daily basis according to progress, quality and budget (you are usually working on two projects at a time)
- Review work progress, prepare internal and external reports and sign-offs with a focus on optimization in terms of design, quality, planning and budget
- As part of the development team, you aim to meet all goals set in the business case: realise the project according to plan! On time and within budget turn key delivery of the project towards a grand opening and smooth handover to the TSH operational team (hotel operations)
- Preparing the tender strategy together with your team and select, negotiate and form contract partners including architects, technical advisers and construction partners
- Coordinate and align the requirements, goals and needs of the TSH operational team, TSH interior design team and LivingLab (CSR & innovation) in the project
- Manage the construction process accordingly with the strategy defined and milestones
- Be predictable: plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Analyse, manage and mitigate risks related to cost, planning & licenses
You are the entrepreneurial and flexible technical developer who knows how to own your own project(s).
This means using creative, resourceful and most of all impactful solutions to the challenges you face during the construction phase.
In control is your - somewhat strange - middle name. You know how to translate the TSH brand and spirit into the (local) construction: get it done!
- Extremely calm under pressure and can multitask with the best of them
- Capable of leading and managing a diverse and developing young team
- Clear on communication, pragmatic & direct (not afraid to put a problem on the table)
- Flexible, motivated, social and highly organised
- Happy to travel (2 to 3 days a week)
- A fan of fun!
- Legally permitted to work and live in Italy, Florence/Rome/Bologna
- At least 7 years of experience in commercial real estate
- Architect or Engineer (5 or 6 year degree), with project management skills and experience
- Proven experience in working for/with main contractors and/or project development companies
- Knowledge of local legislation & permits
- Fluent in Italian (native language) and English
- The opportunity to work at a dynamic, young, international organisation. Not just another development company or a hotel operator, we’re a game changing innovator: bringing hotel and student accommodation together in a modern, awesome way
- The challenge of working in different countries, with an array of cultures and diverse partners
- Access to our brilliant TSH facilities
- Cool events, fun colleagues, and all the regular salary/benefits stuff
Are you in?
Great! Send us your CV in English and explain us why you’re made for this role.