Technical Real Estate Development Manager Italy
We are TSH:
The Student Hotel is a brand-new accommodation concept: part classic student residence and part funky design hotel for students-at-heart. We believe in providing a fun, creative and inspiring environment where residents of all ages can live, work, play and grow. To achieve this, we rely on an awesomely fun, smart and motivated team to embrace the student spirit and bring it to life :)
Our company is growing FAST with new locations popping up all over the continent (Toulouse! Paris! Vienna! Florence! Berlin! Madrid! Bologna! Rome!). But we’re also expanding our existing spots by adding super cool elements like modern, flexible co-working spaces and meeting facilities. The focus is on creating a network that spans cultural and educational backgrounds so different people can connect, learn and collaborate. Every member of The Student Hotel works with genuine passion and positive vibes.
And this is the role:
As our Technical Development Manager you are responsible for the development of The Student Hotel (TSH)-designed projects in Italy to ensure they meet TSH requirements. Your involvement commences as soon as the business case is signed off and continues right through to delivery. After the building permit is submitted, your focus is on project management from the pre-construction phase until handover to the TSH development team. Your main target is delivering a project in the TSH spirit, with optimal quality, on time and within budget. You report to the Construction Director and work closely together with the Head of Technical Development and Commercial Development Manager. Besides you work with a team of internal and external designers, preferred suppliers and a variety of contractors.
These are your responsibilities:
- You manage the design and construction phases of a project. You lead the team(s) on a daily basis according to progress, quality and budget (you are usually working on two projects at a time)
- Review work progress, prepare internal and external reports and sign-offs with a focus on optimization in terms of design, quality, planning and budget
- As part of the development team, you aim to meet all goals set in the business case: realise the project according to plan! On time and within budget turn key delivery of the project towards a grand opening and smooth handover to the TSH operational team (hotel operations)
- Preparing the tender strategy together with your team and select, negotiate and form contract partners including architects, technical advisers and construction partners
- Coordinate and align the requirements, goals and needs of the TSH operational team, TSH interior design team and LivingLab (CSR & innovation) in the project
- Manage the construction process accordingly with the strategy defined and milestones
- Be predictable: plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Analyse, manage and mitigate risks related to cost, planning, licenses and other
- The ideal candidate will have proven experience in working for/with main contractors and/or project development companies
- Architect or Engineer (5 or 6 year degree), with project management skills and experience
- At least 7 years of experience
- Fluent in Italian (native language) and English
- Extremely calm under pressure and can multitask with the best of them
- Capable of leading and managing a diverse and developing young team
- Clear on communication, pragmatic & direct (not afraid to put a problem on the table)
- Flexible, motivated, social and highly organised
- Happy to travel (2 to 3 days a week)
- A fan of fun!
- Legally permitted to work and live in Italy, Florence/Rome/Bologna
- The opportunity to work at a dynamic, young, international organisation. Not just another development company or a hotel operator, we’re a game changing innovator: bringing hotel and student accommodation together in a modern, awesome way
- The challenge of working in different countries, with an array of cultures and diverse partners
- Access to our brilliant TSH facilities
- Cool events, fun colleagues, and all the regular salary/benefits stuff
Are you in?
Great! Send us your CV and explain us why you’re made for this role.