Technical Asset Manager
We are looking for someone with talent, drive, a sense of humour and a sparkling personality to join our team as Asset Manager at our amazing, hotel-with-a-difference in Florence!
an Asset manager you are in charge of maintaining the buildings of The Student
Hotel in Italy. Currently we have one hotel open in Florence and soon we will open many more hotels in Italy, such as Bologna and Rome.
are the key person that bridges the gap between operations and technical
issues. Your main focus is advising staff members, inspect buildings initiate
repair actions and keep installations running as smoothly as possible. You keep
the overview, stay calm, friendly and take well considered actions. If you take
a decision, you stick to it. Your love for challenges and willingness to give
support make you the perfect candidate for this job!
In case you don’t know who we are (ahem):
The Student Hotel is a game-changer. Our unique hotel concept offers student accommodation as well as long and short stay options for students-at-heart, together with epic facilities and exciting co-working spaces. This creates a dynamic, fun, creative environment and brings people of all backgrounds together. The Student Hotel is a hub of awesome, positive vibes – and with properties popping up all over Europe as we speak, our vibes are spreading!
The Florence Hotel consists of 378 rooms. Obvi, there’s much more too: facilities include co-working office of 800m2, conference rooms, a café, 120-140 seat all day dining, a “grab and go” Trattoria, a library, a rooftop swimming pool and a 180-seat auditorium.
the making of the long term maintenance plan and update it;
complaints that occur on technical issues;
(external) technical employees;
contractors, requiring proposals. Assigning orders within the given
- Coordinating architects, engineers and advisors when changes in the building are made;
the maintenance works;
contracts for contractors, architects, engineers and advisors;
responsible for the finance in projects but also for yearly budgets;
of estimated cost, budgeted cost and realized cost during;
and report if there is a difference in the cost that is estimated in the long
term maintenance plan and the actual situation;
if the agreements with commercial tenants are met. If this is not the case
report and solve oncoming issues;
on issues like energy use, sustainability and facility management;
up files and drawings up to date.
You’re gonna need this:
- A college level degree in building and construction;
- Knowledge of a wide range of technical topics, building, MEP, regulations etc.;
- Experience in the use of condition based maintenance plans;
- Experience with and/or training in safety on building sites and operational use;
- A good knowledge of regulations like fire safety, legionella, emergency plans etc.;
- Knowledge of the legal framework in relation to building and contracting;
- Experience in recognizing opportunities to improve on sustainability;
- Fluent English and Italian skill (written and spoken), other European languages are a bonus;
- At least 3 years’ experience in a technical role of which at least 2 years in a hospitality environment.
- Demanding a high level of quality to your own work but also to work that is done by other people. You always trying to improve;
- In the lead to convert wishes and demands into actions;
- Able to express yourself in speech and writing in such a way that ideas and information can be shared with other people on a clear way;
- Calm under pressure and keep an overview under all situations;
- Capable to make strategic reports, brief but complete notes, letters and update reports;
- A deal is a deal. If things go wrong take responsibility and reduce the effect for others;
- Clear in making priorities, make decisions when needed and are be result orientated
- Honest and open, sharing information if this is needed;
- Always handling confidential information according to the compliance code;
- Capable to work in different levels with technical employees, hotel staff, contractors etc.;
- Flexible, motivated, social and highly organised;
- A fan of fun!
- Legally permitted to work and live in Italy.
What do we offer you?
- A full time job in a brilliant, dynamic, international environment;
- An amazing work place to come to every day where you will experience a great team environment with a fantastic vibe and lots of positive energy;
- The opportunity to work at a dynamic, young, international organisation. We are a real game changer in the hospitality industry!
TSH cares and gives you access to facilities including our gym, yoga classes and also you can have some amazing lunches included;
- You will receive employee discounts in all our hotels and restaurant in EU;
Ready, set, grow! You will get the chance to learn and grow in your role (with the potential for growth within and across the company) and collaborate with other talented people who challenge you every day.
Are you in?
Great! Send us your CV and a short cover letter telling us why you’re made for this role.