We are looking for a passionate and incredibly creative and experienced Senior Copywriter for our Brand and Innovation team based in our Amsterdam headquarters. Join The Student Hotel and be at the forefront of the hospitality industry, disrupting and defining the future of living, working and travel!
Why you’ll love working with us
We live in a world where almost everything is always changing — the way we travel, study, live and work. One thing is for sure, however: everyone loves to connect.
We believe in creating a fun, creative and inspiring environment where anyone can live, work, play and grow. To get there we rely on our team of fun, smart and motivated people to embrace the student spirit and bring it to life.
We have big plans — including our goal to have 65 locations across Europe in 2023, with 26,000 rooms and almost one million square meters of shared spaces. Our new TSHLife app and digital platform will connect nearly a million current and former co-living and co-working guests.
In 2019 we’re about to enter a phase of hypergrowth — after opening 12 operational hotels in our scale-up phase, we’re now ready to grow into an industry-leading company, redefining the concept of a hotel as the world knows it. In order to help us create a strong brand identity across all our locations, and evolve our strong out-of-the-ordinary tone of voice we’re looking for a Senior Copywriter that’s up for their next big challenge.
We are one of the fastest growing companies around and are constantly looking to improve our brand language in order to keep proving ourselves as one of the most innovative hotel brands out there. We’ll need you to take our brand language to the next level — of course while keeping the playful, quirky and experimental approach. You’ll will be working with a very diverse creative team of Interior Designers, Graphic Designers, Architects, Social Media Managers , Content Creators, PR Managers and more. But don’t be scared of losing track of your mission — we also have a strong team of Project Managers that keep an eye of all workflows and processes.
How will you make it happen?
- Come up with overall TSH copy concepts together with our creative team
- Review the existing tone of voice and all copy assets — refresh them to connect to the overall brand strategy
- Work together with the Head of Communications, PR and Social Media manager on the overall content strategy & brand language that covers all our products (hotel, short stay, semester stay, coworking, F&B)
- Produce long copy (think website and brochures) as well as short copy (for marketing campaigns, interior design, social media)
- Edit and proofread written pieces before publication
- Coordinate the workload with more junior/ freelance copywriters and/or interns
Who are you?
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English, producinh concise and grammatically correct copy
- International mindset, cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Experience working in an international environment
- Highly creative, imaginative and curious about our products and services
- Skilled in writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy
- Understand the different language styles that appeal to various target markets
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and manage workload effectively
- Able to see other people's points of view and accept feedback
- Have an eye for detail
- Possess good leadership, people and project management skills
- Ability to judge great content, both copy and photo/video
- BSc in Marketing, English, Journalism or relevant field
- Proven work experience as a Copywriter or similar role
- Portfolio of published articles
- Excellent spoken and written English skills — German, Spanish, French or Italian language skills are a bonus;
- An ability to fact check long-form content pieces;
- Time-management skills;
- Have an interest in commerce, popular culture and new trends;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal abilities
What do we offer you?
- An amazing workplace, a great team environment, a fantastic vibe and lots of positive energy
- The opportunity to work at a dynamic, young, international organization. We’re a real game changer in the hospitality industry!
- TSH cares and gives you access to of its facilities (e.g. a great canteen, gym opportunities, cool events and more)
- Ready, set, grow! You’ll get the chance to learn and grow in your role (with the potential for growth in your team and across the company) and collaborate with other talented people who challenge you every day.
Join team TSH!
Did we get you excited? We’d be thrilled if you would apply! Get started by clicking the apply button below, answer a couple of questions and send us your CV/LinkedIn.