Manager – IT and Middleware
Why you’ll love working here
We live in a world where everything is changing – from the way we travel to how we study, live and work. But one thing remains constant: our need to connect. We believe in creating a fun, creative and inspiring environment where everyone can live, work, play and grow. How do we achieve it? Through our exceptional international team of lively, smart and motivated people that embrace the student spirit and bring it to life every day.
We have big plans. By 2023, we aim to have 65 locations across Europe. That’s 26,000 rooms and almost one million square metres of shared spaces. Beyond bricks and mortar, our new TSHLife app and digital platform is also ready to connect nearly a million current and former co-living and co-working guests.
In 2019, we’re in a phase of hyper growth. After opening 12 operational hotels in our scale-up phase, we’re evolving into an industry-leading company – redefining the concept of a hotel as the world knows it.
Why we need you
You love jigsaws! 100,000 piece technology jigsaws… Super smart in connecting complex information technology architecture, to deliver seamless user experience and highly efficient operating systems. Being part of our team merging technology systems, with our micro-cities, to activate our complex mix of living, working, learning and lifestyle products. Your actions will determine the experiences we deliver for all our guests, team members and community, across the globe.
As a member of the Digital & Technology Group, reporting to the Director – IT & Middleware, you will partner with other brilliant technologists to deliver ground-breaking technology eco-system to activate our evolving hybrid co-living, co-working, co-learning, collaborating spaces, building up to over 65 locations across Europe.
Responsible for daily work with our Middleware technology partner you will be managing the development and operation of a complex back-end technology stack. You will optimize processes and automate tasks and work with DevOps partners to create experiences that deliver commercial and operational advantage. We are building a next generation technology stack, redefining IT in the hospitality sector. Are you the ready to be part of our team?
What you’ll be doing to make it happen
- The daily operational primary contact for the back-end information technology stack
- Ensure, on an ongoing basis, that current and planned back-end technical architecture and Middleware integrations are aligned with company business and digital experience objectives
- Prepare and monitor IT operational plans, projects and budgets developing the back-end platforms that meet prevailing objectives and constraints
- Establish metrics for managing IT effectiveness and for measuring the impact of IT on the business
- Deliver a new dual-layer Middleware based architecture. Define, build and maintain applications and functions to engage distinct customer segments with a complex set of products
- Manage the install, configuration and support of all technology through defined enhancement opportunities in the form of epics and stories, using agile based DevOps
- Assess existing technology and applications to establish opportunities for process and performance optimization
- Work on a daily basis with our established Middleware technology partner to continually improve the performance and capability of the back-end platform and applications
- Identifying potential partners and systems that will enhance the back-end technology stack, maintaining relationships with technology partners and suppliers
- Create the documenting of operational processes around staff and guest-facing systems, creating all SOPs and support documents and monitoring
- Develop technical documentation, policies and procedures for business application use and support. Communicate technical standards to information technology teams and junior team members.
Who are you?
- A naturally inquisitive technologist, balancing intellect with EQ to build and work in a team of brilliant people from a broad spectrum of cultures, beliefs and outlook
- Extremely calm under pressure and can multitask with the best of them
- Love conquering the biggest mountains
- Challenge convention and always positive
- Incredibly organized, and a detail-oriented person
- A fun fanatic!
- Bachelor’s degree / Masters Preferred in Computer Science, Digital or IT specialisms
- 5+ years of being part of team delivering back-end IT system architecture development and operational management
- Ideally, property and hotel technology solutions, or retail on a multinational scale
- Experience working alongside marketing, sales & operations teams to develop and improve digital experience and solutions
- Fluent English (written and spoken) with other European languages a significant benefit.
What you bring to the table
- Proven background delivering complex back-end design, development and operation.
- Knowledge of Middleware based system architecture and development
- Preferably experience in Hotel/Property/Leisure Management Systems and with PropTech
- Understanding of the Technology Stack life cycle & management methodologies
- An amazing work environment with a fantastic vibe and lots of positive energy
- The opportunity to work at a dynamic, young, international organisation; we’re a real game changer in the hospitality industry
- TSH cares and gives you access to facilities including a great canteen, gym and awesome regular events
- Ready, set, grow! You’ll get the chance to learn and grow in your role, collaborating with other talented people that will challenge you every day
- You’ll receive a competitive salary and all the tools you need for your job
- Expertise in system design/re-engineering and development required for business process i.e. (ERD, DFD, UML, Flow charts)
- Knowledge of various system development methodologies and tools (SDLC, SSADM etc.)
- Significant experience and knowledge in application of system development
- Success leading IT projects and well versed in multiple project management best practices
- Working knowledge of AGILE, JIRA, Confluence, MS Office, Tableau and Adobe Analytics.
What do we offer you?
We want everyone to feel welcome and respected, and we go the extra mile to create a complete connected community. Our teams are diverse, representing more than one nationality, gender, religion, age, culture and personality. That’s what makes our team so special. Did we get you excited? We’d love to receive your application! Just click the ‘apply now’ button below, answer a couple of questions and send us your CV/LinkedIn profile.