Why you’ll love working here
We live in a world where everything is changing – from the way we travel to how we study, live and work. But one thing remains constant: our need to connect. We believe in creating a fun, creative and inspiring environment where everyone can live, work, play and grow. How do we achieve it? Through our exceptional international team of lively, smart and motivated people that embrace the student spirit and bring it to life every day.
We have big plans. By 2023, we aim to have 65 locations across Europe. That’s 26,000 rooms and almost one million square metres of shared spaces. Beyond bricks and mortar, our new TSHLife app and digital platform is also ready to connect nearly a million current and former co-living and co-working guests.
We are re-defining the residential and hospitality industries by developing and operating a unique hybrid hospitality concept. Six years after opening our first TSH in 2012, we have seen students, professionals, start-ups and hotel guests connect, network and stay in our high-profile design hotels across Europe – contributing to what we call our Complete Connected Community.
Vanity Fair recently labelled TSH ‘the hotel of the future,’ recognising that our unprecedented approach is greatly disrupting the industry. Our mission at TSH is to provide a fun, creative and inspiring environment where residents of all ages can live, stay, work and play, while simultaneously finding their purpose and changing the world.
To realise our ambitious vision, we rely on a smart, hardworking team – full of entrepreneurial spirit – that is always looking to push the limits and improve our business model. Led by founder Charlie MacGregor, we have opted for a capital-intensive, fully-integrated business model, which means that we invest (acquire) the underlying real estate which we then (re)develop and operate long term under the TSH brand.
This integrated approach allows us to have full control of our product, making the best decisions for our guests and brand, while also maximising shareholder value. It also allows us to acquire large, emblematic buildings in high-profile locations – the average TSH comprises 400 rooms and spans 15,000 sqm. In every major European city in which we operate, we become a long-term regeneration catalyst.
We have proven that we can grow and scale our business. In 2012, with 30 employees, we were running three hotels with 1,500 rooms in The Netherlands. Today, we own and operate a pan-European network of 25 hotels in seven European countries, of which 13 are already up and running.
Why we need you
You will have a once in a lifetime opportunity to support and shadow our managing director and one of his executive directors, as well as support them in organising their Management Team.
Your main responsibility is to administrate, organise and facilitate tasks to support all aspects of their work and business life. At the same time you will have an unique opportunity to work with them on a daily basis and get invaluable insights in how they run an out of the box business, make decisions and manage a very fast growing start-up.
What will you be doing to make that happen?
• Gain in depth understanding of the key TSH business elements, the objectives and their priorities
• Prepare, organise and minute meetings, monitor follow-ups
• Manage multiple complex agendas in the most efficient way
• Help prepare meetings and travels in a conscious manner
• Have the capacity and the maturity to attend meetings on their behalf
• Prepare and organise trips and ensure you have thought of everything throughout the journey (be mindful of the environment)
• Meet and greet visitors at all levels of seniority
• Act as the connection at HQ between various departments, management and other stakeholders
• Aligning with the other assistants on company-wide agenda requests and business trips
• Tackle any problem that comes your way with a can-do attitude.
Who are you?
• Recent graduate from business/management studies
• Excellent command of English and fluency in another language is plus
• Able to multitask and handle pressure
• Great analytical skills and natural talent for supporting people in their work
• An expert in optimising travel schedules
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook for Businesses
• 1-2 years’ work experience in a commercial, high pace in environment
What you bring to the table
• Organisational mastermind who always manages to stay two steps ahead of the game
• Born communicator who feels comfortable amongst people from all walks of life
• Entrepreneurship runs through your veins
• Seriously talented, energetic and motivated post-graduate
• Strong, assertive personality, adaptable and convincing in your communication
What do we offer you?
• An amazing work environment with a fantastic vibe and lots of positive energy
• The opportunity to work at a dynamic, young, international organisation; we’re a real game changer in the hospitality industry
• TSH cares and gives you access to facilities including a great canteen, gym and awesome regular events
• Ready, set, grow! You’ll get the chance to learn and grow in your role, collaborating with other talented people that will challenge you every day
• You’ll receive a competitive salary and all the tools you need for your job
We want everyone to feel welcome and respected, and we go the extra mile to create a complete connected community. Our teams are diverse, representing more than one nationality, gender, religion, age, culture and personality. That’s what makes our team so special.
Did we get you excited? We’d love to receive your application! Just click the ‘apply now’ button below, answer a couple of questions and send us your CV/LinkedIn profile. For more information about this procedure, please contact Amber van Dort firstname.lastname@example.org.