Investment Analyst Trainee
Why you’ll love working here
We live in a world where everything is changing – from the way we travel to how we study, live and work. But one thing remains constant: our need to connect. We believe in creating a fun, creative and inspiring environment where everyone can live, work, play and grow. How do we achieve it? Through our exceptional international team of lively, smart and motivated people that embrace the student spirit and bring it to life every day.
What is unique about TSH is that we acquire the real estate which we then re-develop and operate under the TSH brand. This way, we control the full development process while creating long term value for the company and our shareholders. As of today, TSH has a total equity commitment exceeding €650Mn and acquires and develops on average 6-7 new projects every year.
By 2023, we aim to have 65 locations across Europe. That’s 26,000 rooms and almost one million square metres of shared spaces. Beyond bricks and mortar, our new TSHLife app and digital platform is also ready to connect nearly a million current and former co-living and co-working guests.
Why we need you
As an Investment analyst trainee, you will join our acquisition team and be a key contributor to the European expansion of TSH, with a focus on the Italian market. This is a diversified role that includes sourcing new locations, analysing new investment opportunities, negotiating and executing transactions in addition to working closely with the development team during the development process. On a day-to-day basis, work will be a varied and comprise a mix of sourcing, execution, meetings with advisors, preparing analyses and asset management for acquired projects.
What you’ll be doing to make it happen
- Actively participating in the sourcing process: site visits, conducting preliminary feasibility analysis (working closely with the development team), detailed operating and financial analysis
- Create, update and run financial models including sensitivity analysis and provide clear and structured recommendations to the management team
- Participate in the due diligence (legal, financial, commercial, technical, etc.) and transaction execution for investments
- Prepare investment memorandum, general marketing materials to formulate recommendation to investment board
- Liaising and coordinating with internal TSH departments during the sourcing and execution process (mostly development, legal, architecture and finance teams)
- Liaising with external partners including lenders, administrators, lawyers and tax advisors
- Recent graduate from a top tier business school, engineering school or university with outstanding academic qualifications
- Previous experience in a leading real estate organisation, private equity fund or investment bank
- International profile: Italian speaking and fluent in English (written and spoken), other European languages is a bonus (French, German, other)
- Strong corporate finance, quantitative, technical and communication skills
- Strong modelling experience and ability to analyse, interpret and summarise the results for top management
- Familiarity with modelling bank debt, taxes and joint-venture elements such as profit shares and profit waterfalls
- High degree of attention to detail and ease with numbers
- Ability to autonomously prepare and present high-quality reports and presentations in an articulate manner to senior management
Who are you?
- Highly motivated to be part of a growing company and a real believer in our concept
- Self-motivated, hard workers and a self-starter who has an entrepreneurial mindset and a “can do” attitude
- Someone that thrives in very demanding situations entailing high responsibilities
- A quick learner, with a hands-on approach and capable to work under pressure on various projects at the same time
- Eager to grow in the role to an analyst position
- Naturally curious, innovative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things
- Available to start as soon as possible and willing to relocate to Amsterdam
- Willing to be based in Netherlands/Italy with frequent travel in Europe
What do we offer you?
- An amazing work environment with a fantastic vibe and lots of positive energy
- The opportunity to work at a dynamic, young, international organisation; we’re a real game changer in the hospitality industry
- TSH cares and gives you access to facilities including a great canteen, gym and awesome regular events
- Ready, set, grow! You’ll get the chance to learn and grow in your role, collaborating with other talented people that will challenge you every day
- A real entrepreneurial challenge with room to grow within the company
- Accommodation in Amsterdam during the 6 months starting period
We want everyone to feel welcome and respected, and we go the extra mile to create a complete connected community. Our teams are diverse, representing more than one nationality, gender, religion, age, culture and personality. That’s what makes our team so special.
Did we get you excited? We’d love to receive your application! Just click the ‘apply now’ button below, answer a couple of questions and send us your CV/LinkedIn profile.