Together with the Asset Manager and Hotel Manager you are involved in everything that has to do with maintenance and technics, both inside and outside of the hotel. You are super handy and therefore the first point of contact for guests and team members when an issue or malfunction is reported. You find it super important to have a lot of fun during your work! Working as a Handyman, not one day is the same. Some days you are doing checks and conducting reparations in the hotel, the next you are working on fine tuning a range of technical activities and liaising with internal and external parties involved
These are your responsibilities:
- Being first point of contact for maintenance issues for guests and colleagues
- All relevant reparation work in and around the hotel
- Conducting maintenance checks
- Liaising with internal and external parties regarding technical and maintenance topics
- You are capable of prioritizing and coordinating
- You like to connect to the guests and your colleagues
- You are reliable and can work independently
- You are flexible and are able to work flexible hours; if there is an emergency you are available for help outside of office hours
- You are eager to learn and love to share your experiences with other people
- You have LBO/MBO-level of working and thinking, with additional relevant training in maintenance/construction (you are in possession of ‘VCA-basis’ certificates)
- You have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role (hotel environment preferred)
- You are very social and have a guest-oriented way of thinking; you like interacting with people from different backgrounds and want to work in an informal yet ambitious environment
- You have good command of Dutch and you can at least manage accordingly in English
- You like to have fun with your colleagues and the guests!
- The opportunity to work at a dynamic, young, international organisation. Not just another hotel, we’re a game changing innovator: bringing hotel and student accommodation together in a modern, awesome way
- The chance to learn and grow in your role, with the potential for growth within or across the company
- Access to TSH facilities, including our awesome staff canteen and gym
- Cool events, fun colleagues, and all the regular salary/benefits
We are TSH:
The Student Hotel is a brand new accommodation concept: part classic student resident and part funky design hotel for students-at-heart. We believe in providing a fun, creative and inspiring environment where residents of all ages can live, work, play and grow. To achieve this, we rely on an awesomely fun, smart and motivated team to embrace the student spirit and bring it to life.
Our company is growing FAST with new locations popping up all over the continent (Florence! Berlin! Barcelona!). But we’re also expanding our existing spots by adding super cool elements like modern, flexible co-working spaces and meeting facilities. The focus is on creating a network that spans cultural and educational backgrounds so different people can connect, learn and collaborate. Every member of The Student Hotel works with real passion and positive vibes.
Are you in?
Great! Send your CV and a short cover letter telling us why you’re made for this awesome role.