General Manager Intern
For our new semester year starting September we are looking for someone with talent, drive, a sense of humour and a sparkling personality to join our team as General Manager Intern at our amazing, hotel-with-a-difference in The Student Hotel Rotterdam!
Your mission should you choose to accept it…
Together with the General Manager, Assistant General Manager, and the Connector you form the Management team. Within your role you are responsible for every aspect of the hotel’s operation. This goes way beyond old school reception duties: you and your colleagues are the hotel’s super-skilled connectors and networkers and responsible for the hotel’s seamless, smooth running. You know all the staff inside out and are ready with a smile for colleague, guests and random strangers alike. You lead, coach and train the Hotel Team in our unique, fun TSH style. You also manage the external partners who take care of housekeeping, our night team and maintenance.
In case you don’t know who we are (ahem):
TSH is a game-changer. Our unique hotel concept offers student accommodation as well as long and short stay options for students-at-heart, together with epic facilities and exciting co-working spaces. This creates a dynamic, fun, creative environment and brings people of all backgrounds together. The Student Hotel is a hub of awesome, positive vibes – and with properties popping up all over Europe as we speak, our vibes are spreading!
What You'll Do
- Daily manage, train, check, coach, guide, co-hire, motivate and empower employees and partners
- Handling, reporting and transferring of all kinds of questions, remarks complaints of guests and colleagues
- Introducing, maintaining, evolving and guiding standard operating procedures
- You’re the internal and external TSH networker. You connect with your guest community. You build direct relations with universities, companies, social organisations… you name it
- Have fun! Spread smiles and good vibes knowing that employees and guests enjoying themselves and connecting with each other is what this is all about
- Building relationships with headquarters key players, residents, external parties/renters functioning as a contact person and assisting in handling complaints and technical issues
- Maintaining and controlling hotel security or our guests, colleagues and goods
- Supporting the operational preparation and execution of departure and arrival of new students
What You'll Have
Student – you MUST be enrolled in University
A bachelor student, preferably in hotel- or tourism management with at some hospitality experience or team leading experience
- A flexible, hands-on, motivated and positive approach
- Background in hospitality, preferably in a hotel environment
- You love responsibility and handle stressful peak periods like a pro
- Fluent in English
- Hard working, responsible and “let’s do this!” mentality
- You’re legally allowed to work in the Netherlands
What do we offer you?
- An amazing work environment with a fantastic vibe and lots of positive energy.
- Time carved out for you to work on your own research-project
- On the job coaching and guidance
- Monthly compensation for your internship.
- The opportunity to work at a dynamic, young, international organisation; we’re a real game changer in the hospitality industry
- A first glimpse into the world of hotel operations, with one of the most innovative players in the hospitality market.
- Access to the amazing TSH facilities, including our awesome staff experiences, canteen and gym
- A wonderful workplace to call home, events, fun colleagues, and all regular benefits stuff
We want you to be you. No uniform, tattoos are cool, your hairstyle is yours, not ours. Basically, we don’t want to change who you are because we think the best hospitality comes from people who can be themselves and show guests their personality. Our team is diverse, representing more than one nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, culture and personality type. That’s what makes our team so special.
Excited? Want to apply? You can do this by clicking the apply button beneath, answering a few questions and sending your CV/LinkedIn profile.