Front End Manager
Why TSH rules
We live in a world where everything is changing – from the way we travel to how we study, live and work. But one thing remains constant: our need to connect.
We believe in creating a fun, creative and inspiring environment where everyone can live, work, play and grow. How do we achieve it? Through our exceptional international team of lively, smart and motivated people that embrace the student spirit and bring it to life every day.
We have big plans. By 2023, we aim to have 65 locations across Europe. That’s 26,000 rooms and almost one million square metres of shared spaces. Beyond bricks and mortar, our new TSHLife app and digital platform is also ready to connect nearly a million current and former co-living and co-working guests.
In 2019, we entered a phase of hyper growth. After opening 12 operational hotels in our scale-up phase, we’re evolving into an industry-leading company – redefining the concept of a hotel as the world knows it.
Why we need you
Our Digital and IT Team is handling a complete technology transformation including a major rebuild of our Front End experience. Our Website and App will be completely and progressively renewed in the coming months hand-in-hand with our development partners.
As Front End Manager, you will support the transition, with your understanding of Front End software development, and by cross-questioning and challenging our partners. Additionally you will help us to support the current Web and App until the complete roll-out by identifying production issues and working with partners to fix them.
You will partner with different vendors (and specifically their developers team) and internal teams to create digital experiences that make our TSH experience amazing, deliver strategic advantages. And you will be the killer of our customers’ pain points.
- Maintain and make the most of the current Website (mobile and desktop), Booking engines and App. You will evaluate and manage their performance.
- Maintain the digital environment and gather learnings on our clients and visitors behaviour.
- Prepare and fine tune the UX and functionalities of the new digital Front End ecosystem (website / booking process / App).
- Follow the progressive launch by owning the new products technically.
- Report to the Digital Platform Director as a member of the Digital & Technology Team and, alongside Commercial and Brand teams, partner with other brilliant technologists to deliver a ground-breaking technology eco-system.
- Be the primary technical contact for our digital platforms for all our guests across the different markets, acting as primary liaison between stakeholders / teams and vendors.
- Be the in-house technical owner of our digital platforms as we made the choice to rely on external experts and partners for their development.
- Give operational support of all digital platforms through defined enhancement opportunities using Agile methodology in the form of epics and stories
- Maximize Conversion, Revenue and Retention on our platforms in Production
- Own the CMS and be the gatekeeper of our website structure alongside the Editorial team who produce and fill in the content.
- A digital native, totally immersed in mobile integrated lifestyles
- Passionate about technology and innovation, balancing intellect with EQ
- Ready to work in a team of brilliant people from a broad spectrum of cultures, beliefs and outlooks
- Someone who is positive and who loves scaling the highest peaks, because we're a disrupter in the travel industry
- Curious and able to build your own vision. But at the same time, you are a digital magician with a hands-on and pragmatic approach.
- Ingenious and solution-oriented. Someone with a ‘can do’ attitude who can act proactively and not reactively.
- Extremely calm under pressure and can multitask with the best of them.
- Strong experience in retail and mobile native environment.
- Conversion driven and performance oriented with a strong inclination to usability testing, tracking and analytics.
- Experience of working on high contribution website development across multiple markets and languages.
- Bachelor’s degree / Masters in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- 3+ years relevant experience in a similar role: delivering ecommerce platforms for various business areas on a multinational scale
- Experience working alongside technology vendors to develop ground-breaking digital experience and solutions
- Understanding of Front End software development preferably with previous hands-on experience with software development
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders / vendors in a remote environment
- Preferably hands-on experience in Usability testing and tracking.
- Hands-on experience with a CMS-based platform
- Working knowledge of AGILE, JIRA, Confluence, MS Office, Tableau and Adobe Analytics
- Excellent English language skills, both verbal and written. Any other European language is considered as an advantage.
- Deep knowledge of Web + App based platform architecture, development and evolution
- Solid understanding of the software development life cycle and methodologies
- Strong technical understanding (coding and system design) so you can get hands-on with our partners if needed
- Previous experience with developing a high contribution E-commerce platform
- Experience with prototyping and QA will be a plus.
What do we offer you?
- An amazing work environment with a fantastic vibe and lots of positive energy
- The opportunity to work at a dynamic, young, international organisation; we’re a real game changer in the hospitality industry
- TSH cares and gives you access to facilities including a great canteen, gym and awesome regular events
- Ready, set, grow! You’ll get the chance to learn and grow in your role, collaborating with other talented people that will challenge you every day
- You’ll receive a competitive salary and all the tools you need for your job
We want everyone to feel welcome and respected, and we go the extra mile to create a complete connected community. Our teams are diverse, representing more than one nationality, gender, religion, age, culture and personality. That’s what makes our team so special.
Be part of The Student Hotel!
Did we get you excited? We’d love to receive your application! Just click the ‘apply now’ button below, answer a couple of questions and send us your CV/LinkedIn profile.