Why you’ll love working here
We live in a world where everything is changing – from the way we travel to how we study, live and work. But one thing remains constant: our need to connect. We believe in creating a fun, creative and inspiring environment where everyone can live, work, play and grow. How do we achieve it? Through our exceptional international team of lively, smart and motivated people that embrace the student spirit and bring it to life every day.
We have big plans. By 2023, we aim to have 65 locations across Europe. That’s 26,000 rooms and almost one million square metres of shared spaces. Beyond bricks and mortar, our new TSHLife app and digital platform is also ready to connect nearly a million current and former co-living and co-working guests.
In 2019, we’re in a phase of hyper growth. After opening 12 operational hotels in our scale-up phase, we’re evolving into an industry-leading company – redefining the concept of a hotel as the world knows it.
What will you be doing to make that happen?
Under the supervision of head of financial planning and analysis and head of treasury, you are responsible for building and maintaining a sustainable business model for a time span of five years, touching upon revenue, costs, fees, EBITDA, net income, cash projection, balance sheet forecast and KPIs. You’ll be working on our business model – the company’s backbone for acquisition, valuation and performance analysis.
- You will support FP&A department to manage the company’s standard business model, including different product line revenue, benchmarked costs, below EBITDA items, CAPEX, cash, balance sheet and KPIs for our properties
- Ensure the underwriting model assumptions of revenue, costs and KPIs are well connected to operating model once the hotel is close to opening in the coming years
- Manage the transition of underwriting model to short-term budget (1 year) and mid-term business plan (2 to 5 years)
· Validate key business model assumptions from various teams (revenue management, operations and development)
Banking modeling and reporting
- Taking ownership of the current banking model
- Prepare quarterly financials, calculate LTM and forward-looking covenants to be reported to our banks
- Create ad hoc scenario analyses to support the arrangement of debt financing
- Building ad-hoc business case to support the growth and decision making of the company. Utilizing our database and internal knowledge, to come up with solid business case that will highlight the contribution to our bottom line, as well as telling an appealing story of the investment to various internal and external stakeholders
- Decision analysis on revenue strategy and cost saving opportunities based on our internal and benchmark agency data to contribute to our ambition to achieve the EBITDA commitment
- Support ad-hoc projects and assignments in the area of revenue, operations and finance – providing data, model, and evidence that answers the questions from various stakeholders popping up from the daily operations
- Support data management of moving off-line data to our database to ensure that we have one source of truth for ad-hoc analysis and modeling
- Build ad-hoc model to test the hypothesis from senior management and able to deliver definite conclusion and result to support the hypothesis within agreed deadlines.
- Minimum 2 years of extensive experience in model building from M&A, transaction services, banks or consultancy – experience in real estate or hospitality industry is a bonus
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, econometrics, financial economics and engineering
- You are proactive and biased to action: pro-active, hands-on and can-do attitude with a rigorous and precise attitude capable to adapt to fast paced environment – we are a lean team and many times responsibilities may fall out of the job description
- A fact-based finance professional, able to convince stakeholders purely via data and solid model
- Excel/data management skills, impressive know-how albeit with a hunger to learn.
What do we offer you?
- An amazing work environment with a fantastic vibe and lots of positive energy
- The opportunity to work at a dynamic, young, international organisation; we’re a real game changer in the hospitality industry
- TSH cares and gives you access to facilities including a great canteen, gym and awesome regular events
- Ready, set, grow! You’ll get the chance to learn and grow in your role, collaborating with other talented people that will challenge you every day
- You’ll receive a competitive salary and all the tools you need for your job.
We want everyone to feel welcome and respected, and we go the extra mile to create a complete connected community. Our teams are diverse, representing more than one nationality, gender, religion, age, culture and personality. That’s what makes our team so special.
Did we get you excited? We’d love to receive your application! Just click the ‘apply now’ button below, answer a couple of questions and send us your CV/LinkedIn profile.