Event- & community manager
CAN YOU MAKE 1+1=3?
ARE YOU A HYPER CONNECTED EVENT MANAGER/PARTNERSHIP MAGNET/BRIDGE BUILDER? READ ON!
Why TSH rules
We live in a world where almost everything is always changing. The way we travel, study, live and work. People from all walks of life share the same passion: they love to connect! We believe in providing a fun, creative and inspiring environment where residents of all ages can live, work, play and grow. To achieve this we rely on an awesomely fun, smart and motivated team to embrace the student spirit and bring it to life. We believe in world peace and we aim to play our part in creating it!
In 2023 we aim to have 65 locations secured across Europe, 26,000 rooms and close to one million square meters of shared space. Our new TSHLIFE app and digital platform will connect nearly a million current and former co-living and co-working guests.
Biggest challenge and WHY do we need you?
Can you make the brand new The Student Hotel Berlin a favourite city hotspot for events, lectures, movie nights, exhibits and parties? We’re looking for someone that is the open door to something beautiful; a new friendship, a business collaboration or unforgettable experience. The Student Hotel event- & community manager gives our building a purpose and creates stories and adventures with and for, all of our guests.
What will you be doing to make that happen?
- You build relations with partners to fill our annual calendar with on-trend/on-topic recurring events that appeal to a socially aware, trend-savvy local audience;
- Your programming could include art, lifestyle, fashion, media, sustainability and health events as well as a good old-fashioned Friday drink with the in-crowd;
- You know the local scene, stay relentlessly up-to-date on what’s “hot-and-happening” (eye roll accepted) and reach out to the appropriate network to stay relevant;
- You host and engage our local ambassadors in order to support you as advisory boar;
- You collaborate with dedicated semester, hotel, short stay and F&B specialists to activate events that promote our products;
- You create/collect & deliver digital content based on the marketing briefings (formats include text, video and images);
- You own and manage the local TSH social channels and operate them within the brand guidelines;
- You attend and be an essential part of local network events;
- You report to the General Manager of the hotel and have support contact with the Super Connector on The Student Hotel HQ.
Who are you?
Your enthusiasm – for life, for inspiration, for new and untapped sources of amazement -- is contagious. As creative, open-minded person you’re the glue that holds together our co-living, co-working, co-dining communities. You have a hyper-connected network and your positive attitude works as a magnet to attract the neighbourhood locals, urbanites, local entrepreneurs, fashion icons and media personalities to our spaces. People don’t like you, they love to be with you!
- An outgoing and confident personality. You kill it in front of an audience.
- Professional & responsible enough to work independently in a fast-paced, sometimes chaotic atmosphere
- Super social, always flexible, incredibly motivated and never without a sense of humor
- A visionary – you already have a couple of AMAZING ideas how to grow the company connector strategy
- You have a diploma. Or not. Convince us you’re smart, engaging, confident and a hard worker, one way or another.
- A hyper connected network in the local scenes and you are super up-to-date on all city insights.
- Super communicative
- A great entrepreneurial spirit
- Extremely calm under pressure
- Exceptionally organized
- Fluent in German & English (written and spoken), other languages a bonus
What do we offer you?
- From about May 2019 an amazing work place to come to every day where you will experience a great team environment with a fantastic vibe and lots of positive energy.
- The opportunity to work at a dynamic, young, international organisation. We are a real game changer in the hospitality industry!
TSH cares and gives you access to facilities including a great canteen, gym opportunities and regular cool events.
Ready, set, grow! You will get the chance to learn and grow in your role (with the potential for growth within and across the company) and collaborate with other talented people who challenge you everyday.
- Besides all of the above you will get a salary in the range of €3000 for more less 40-hours per week. And of course all the other things you need to have for your job like MacBook & iPhone.
Be part of The Student Hotel!
Excited? We’d be thrilled if you would apply! You can do this by clicking the apply button beneath, answering a couple of questions and sending your CV/LinkedIn. Within two working days you will be contacted if we see a match with our job profile and if we’d like to get to know you better. Our process has 2 rounds. During these rounds you will get to know the team, you can ask all the questions you have and we will tell you everything about our future adventures. For more information about this procedure, please contact Lucien van Geffen via firstname.lastname@example.org