Your mission should you choose to accept it…
As a natural and inspiring creative thought leader, we are looking for someone to build and execute the creative vision for our brand and marketing communications, content, design and visual identity. This involves setting the creative direction of the total brand experience and safeguarding consistency of all communication of the brand from online to on-property, according to brand standards. We’re always looking for an opportunity to stand-out from our competition and positioning TSH as a leader in the co-living/co-working industry.
Your main objective is creative directing. By working closely together with graphic designers, copywriters, video editors, interior designers, interns and project managers, as well as liaise with other departments and external partner and agencies, you’ll improve quality across all existing and future TSH brand communications and experience touchpoints. As a part of The Student Hotel Experience Hub, which ultimately defines the heart and soul of TSH, the Creative Director will report directly to the Managing Director, Brand & Experience.
As a proven Creative Director, you will lead by example and use your creative skills and bold design to increase brand engagement and commercial success across all our products and experiences. You can present designs to leadership and brief projects to creative teams. You never aim to follow the pack – you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment where more has been done with less and you view disruptive ideas as the norm. You inspire as a leader and motivate your teams in achieving creative goals.
In case you don’t know who we are (ahem):
Our unique model offers long stay (student and co-living) and short stay (hotel) options for our guests, together with market leading co-working spaces and epic facilities. We believe in creating a fun, creative and inspiring environment where everyone can live, work, play and grow. We activate this community to encourage connections and help each other grow. We achieve this by offering award winning communal spaces with a wow-factor combined with our exceptional international team of lively, smart and motivated people that embrace the student spirit and bring it to life every day.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll conceptualize, creative direct and oversee content creation company-wide based on brand strategic and performance objectives – photography, production, styling, retouching and delivery
- You’ll collaborate with Real Estate and Development Hub to define a cohesive and consistent design strategy between our physical interior design and brand communication, bringing your 3D design experience to the table to drive direction.
- You’re responsible for defining and maintaining styles and standards for brand imagery, messaging and bold communication
- You’ll translate marketing and e-commerce initiatives for digital and physical communication across all platforms into content that is clear, compelling, visually exciting and easy to understand
- You ensure high standards and quality assurance across all work so that it is cohesive, consistent and brand aligned
- You’ll collaborate with our Digital Hub to develop our brand’s online presence and conceptualise new ways to enhance the customer experience
- And you will design as well, when needed and to keep your creative skills sharp!
- You’re involved in brand partnership communications and activations to ensure engagement with our community and alignment with our brand values and principles
- You’ll contribute innovative ways to engage with and grow our brand audience and create in-house brand campaigns for all departments
- You’ll manage our Studio Manager and support on creative resources, trafficking, and budget tracking
- You’ll develop your the design teams by giving regular performance feedback to ensure growth
- You’ll present designs and creative strategies to leadership
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline
- You have 7 - 10+ years creative direction experience
- You have 3+ years of experience managing a team
- You have experience working for a creative agency or an in-house creative team
- You have experience with Adobe Creative Suite, PowerPoint, Keynote, Microsoft Office Suite, and VectorWorks and AutoCad a plus.
- You’re able to create storyboards, mood boards and visual briefs and have brand experience, involving multiple creative disciplines to meet the brief
- You can direct photoshoots, videoshoots, events and other creative productions
- You are an experienced designer, from 3D to visual
- You’ve had 360 degree experiences, managing the full scope of your projects.
- You have the ability to manage several projects simultaneously and successfully drive over the finish line
- You’re a solution-driven creative thinker with the ability to see the bigger picture, as well as a strong negotiator and problem solver
- You’re able to meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment and have a strong understanding of feasibility within given budgetary and design briefs/constraints.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, comfortable presenting concepts and explaining creative strategies and ideas to a diverse audience
- Experience with hospitality and real estate projects is a plus
- You have a diverse portfolio of work designing and creative both 2D and 3D projects
- You’re a Dutch or EU citizen or are in possession of a valid residence/work permit
What We Offer
- The opportunity to work at a dynamic, young, multi-national company. Not just another hotel, we’re a game changing innovator, challenging every convention and defining the future.
- The chance to learn and grow in your role, with the potential for growth within or across the company
- Access to the amazing TSH facilities, including our awesome staff experiences, canteen and gym
- Staff rate hotel stays across 16 exciting European locations
- A wonderful workplace to call home, events, fun colleagues, and all regular salary/benefits stuff
We’re curious, conscious, and we celebrate all. We bring people together and are committed to providing the best space, experience and workplace for our entire connected community - no matter what age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and makes you unique.