Why TSH rules
We live in a world where everything is changing – from the way we travel to how we study, live and work. But one thing remains constant: our need to connect. We believe in creating a fun, creative and inspiring environment where everyone can live, work, play and grow. How do we achieve it? Through our exceptional international team of lively, smart and motivated people that embrace the student spirit and bring it to life every day.
We have big plans. By 2023, we aim to have 65 locations across Europe. That’s 26,000 rooms and almost one million square metres of shared spaces. Beyond bricks and mortar, our new TSHLife app and digital platform is also ready to connect nearly a million current and former co-living and co-working guests.
Why we need you
As our Construction Engineer for the Real Estate department you’ll be the gatekeeper for quality, and the technical specialist for the procurement and pre-construction phases of our hotel developments across Europe.
In this role you will ensure that pre-construction quality standards are met and continuously improved upon. You will review the designs of the various projects across Europe, and challenge them to meet and surpass TSH technical specifications, quality, practicality and commercial impact. You will also be the product owner of the TSH RE Technical Specifications (aka the TSH RE White Book). You will assure that all technical specifications are up to date, and that the document will evolve based on new learnings and insights.
Together with the RE procurement manager you will be responsible for the RE global procurement contracts, including selection of the correct RE categories. You will lead global tenders and ensure that all specifications, quality standards and other technical needs are well specified.
Depending on the activity, you will report to the Construction Director and RE Procurement Manager and work closely with the regional (Technical) Development Managers.
- Being the specialist on building quality and technical building specifications
- Attending design reviews in the regions, when needed, to make sure the teams understand your remarks
- Advising in value engineering sessions to optimize quality and budget
- Maintaining the quality and content of the technical guidelines of The Student Hotel RE product updating them when necessary
- Working closely with the RE procurement manager to bring the global procurement of Real Estate categories to the next level
- Independently leading tenders with medium complexity (with coaching by the RE procurement manager)
- Supporting the regions by providing your specialist technical design and building knowledge
- Aligning with internal stakeholders to make the product and construction process better and raising product quality
- Deploying creative, resourceful and impactful solutions to the challenges you face during the construction phase.
- A construction specialist with a commercial mindset
- A real team player who wants to learn and develop
- A thinker
- A clear, pragmatic communicator
- A comfortable negotiator, who maintains a good relationship with stakeholders
- Analytically strong
- Flexible, motivated, sociable and highly organised
- Legally permitted to work and live in the Netherlands
- A specialist in engineering and construction technology
- Knowledgeable on HVAC and MEP installations
- Happy to travel (around two days bi-weekly)
- Fluent in English
- 5 years’ experience in a big construction company
- Minimum BSc degree in construction management, civil or mechanical engineering
- Knowledge of construction processes and all the technical aspects
- Experience in procurement processes in the RE or construction market
- Proven experience in project engineering or construction management for a construction company
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
What do we offer you?
- An amazing workplace to come to every day where you will experience a great team environment with a fantastic vibe and lots of positive energy.
- The opportunity to work at a dynamic, young, international organisation. We are a real game changer in the hospitality industry!
TSH cares and gives you access to facilities including a great canteen, gym opportunities and regular cool events.
Ready, set, grow! You will get the chance to learn and grow in your role (with the potential for growth within and across the company) and collaborate with other talented people who will challenge you every day.
Be part of The Student Hotel!
Excited? We’d be thrilled for you to apply! You can do this by clicking the apply button beneath, answering a couple of questions and sending your CV/LinkedIn.