Commercial Real Estate Development Manager France
We are TSH:
The Student Hotel is a brand-new accommodation concept: part classic student residence and part funky design hotel for students-at-heart. We believe in providing a fun, creative and inspiring environment where residents of all ages can live, work, play and grow. To achieve this, we rely on an awesomely fun, smart and motivated team to embrace the student spirit and bring it to life :)
Our company is growing FAST with new locations popping up all over the continent (Toulouse! Paris! Vienna! Florence! Berlin! Madrid! Bologna!). But we’re also expanding our existing spots by adding super cool elements like modern, flexible co-working spaces and meeting facilities. The focus is on creating a network that spans cultural and educational backgrounds so different people can connect, learn and collaborate. Every member of The Student Hotel works with genuine passion and positive vibes.
And this is the role:
As our Commercial Real Estate Development Manager, you are responsible for managing the development of our different French projects, from defining the business plan through to the delivery of the project. You lead team members and stakeholders with a view to optimize profits and costs and make sure to coordinate all input from TSH stakeholders (operations, sales, marketing etc.). You are also closely working with the investment and acquisition team identifying and acquiring our new projects in France.
These are your responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Real Estate Director France you are responsible for the management of all the aspects of the development of the French projects.
- Working closely and as a back up to the acquisition and investment team finding and acquiring new locations in France.
- Selecting and (indirectly) managing external partners including architects, technical advisors, legal consultants, construction partners.
- Coordinating and negotiating with external partners such as municipalities (permits), local markets (universities/ hoteliers), third party rentals within the projects
- Coordinating the project in terms of defining the concept and process management in order to achieve the business plan (e.g. timing/ revenue/ cost)
- Managing interaction with internal stakeholders including operations, sales, marketing, legal & finance departments with a view to achieving their targets
- Being proactive in identifying good third parties for TSH on various aspects in order to take part in the definition of TSH in France: can be a F&B partner, a co-working partner, an event maker, a local player etc.
- Giving reliable updates and reporting on costs and planning regarding the two secured French projects.
- Being part of the professionalization of the French Team by proposing or setting up any useful tool in order to:
o Optimize and rationalize the analysis of new investment opportunities
o Manage the fast-growing numbers of projects under development and,
o Facilitate the coordination with internal and external stakeholders
- At least 5 years ‘experience in Real Estate Developer or hotel development (“Responsible / Directeur de Programme”)
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a can-do attitude
- Strong fit with the TSH brand
- Fluent English and French (other European languages are a bonus)
- Advanced project management skillset
- Strong capacity to synthesize and analyse
- A natural talent for negotiation and deal making while always maintaining strong relationships
- An understanding of all facets of construction management
- Preferably experience in hotel development (either on the operator or developer side)
- Experience in lobbying and relationship management
- Ability to plan, see and work in accordance with “the bigger picture”
- Great at conflict and crisis management
- Excellent leadership
- The will to take part in the genesis of the French Development Team for TSH
- Flexible, motivated, social and highly organised
- Curious by nature, and interested in new trends in the hotel industry
- Reliable and autonomous
- Logic and have a critical mindset
- Capable of working together with a diverse and international team
- Willing to travel (2 to 3 days a week)
- A lot of fun!
- Calm under pressure and can multitask with the best of them
The position is based either in Paris and requires frequent travel.
- The opportunity to work at a dynamic, young, international organisation. Not just another development company or a hotel operator, we’re a game changing innovator: bringing hotel and student accommodation together in a modern, awesome way.
- The challenge of working in different countries, with an array of cultures and diverse partners
- Access to our brilliant TSH facilities
- Cool events, fun colleagues, and all the regular salary/benefits stuff
Are you in?
Great! Send us your CV and explain us why you’re made for this role.