Assistant Hotel Manager
We are looking for someone with talent, drive, a sense of humour and a sparkling personality to join our team as Assistant Hotel Manager at our amazing, hotel-with-a-difference in The Student Hotel Amsterdam City!
Why TSH rules
We live in a world where almost everything is always changing. The way we travel, study, live and work. People from all walks of life share the same passion: they love to connect! We believe in providing a fun, creative and inspiring environment where residents of all ages can live, work, play and grow. To achieve this we rely on an awesomely fun, smart and motivated team to embrace the student spirit and bring it to life. We believe in world peace and we aim to play our part in creating it!
In 2023 we aim to have 65 locations secured across Europe, 26,000 rooms and close to one million square meters of shared space. Our new TSHLIFE app and digital platform will connect nearly a million current and former co-living and co-working guests.
Biggest challenge and WHY do we need you?
Together with the General Manager and the Connector you form the Management team. Within your role you are responsible for every aspect of the hotel’s operation. This goes way beyond old school reception duties: you and your colleagues are the hotel’s super-skilled connectors and networkers and responsible for the hotel’s seamless, smooth running. You know all the staff inside out and are ready with a smile for colleague, guests and random strangers alike. You lead, coach and train the Hotel Team in our unique, fun TSH style. You also manage the external partners who take care of housekeeping, our night team and maintenance.
What will you be doing to make that happen?
- Replacement of the General Manager during absence & holidays;
- Daily manage, train, check, coach, guide, hire, motivate and empower employees and partners;
- Handling, reporting and transferring of all kinds of questions, remarks complaints of guests and colleagues;
- Introducing, maintaining, evolving and guiding standard operating procedures;
- You’re the internal and external TSH networker. You connect with your guest community. You build direct relations with universities, companies, social organisations… you name it;
- Have fun! Spread smiles and good vibes knowing that employees and guests enjoying themselves and connecting with each other is what this is all about;
- Building relationships with headquarters key players, residents, external parties/renters functioning as a contact person and assisting in handling complaints and technical issues;
- Maintaining and controlling hotel security or our guests, colleagues and goods;
- Supporting the operational preparation and execution of departure and arrival of new students.
You’re gonna need this:
- An extrovert, accurate, structured, responsible, flexible and fun personality;
- You build, lead and inspire motivated, happy teams like a natural;
- You love responsibility and handle stressful peak periods like a pro;
- A hands-on, decisive, motivated and proactive approach;
- Representative appearance with a passion for hospitality.
- A bachelor diploma, preferably in hotel- or tourism management with at least 2 year of hotel experience or team leading experience in a middle management position;
- You have affinity with Sales;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- You’re legally allowed to work in the Netherlands.
What do we offer you?
- A full time job in a brilliant, dynamic, international environment
- The opportunity to work at a dynamic, young, international organisation. We are a real game changer in the hospitality industry!
TSH cares and gives you access to facilities including a great canteen, gym opportunities and regular cool events.
Ready, set, grow! You will get the chance to learn and grow in your role (with the potential for growth within and across the company) and collaborate with other talented people who challenge you everyday.
Up for it?
Excited? We’d be thrilled if you would apply! You can do this by clicking the apply button beneath, answering a couple of questions and sending your CV/LinkedIn.